Wednesday, October 29, 2008

just relaxing

I don't have any pictures to share since we've been taking it easy.  It's been really hot and cloudy-ish so we've been hanging out by the pool/jacuzzi.  Last night we ate at Honolulu's only revolving restaurant.  It's on the 20th floor in Waikiki and you get to see the entire island from up there.  It was very cool.  We also visited Ala Moana mall and the Lion Coffee Plant.  This morning we went to the outdoor swap meet at Aloha Stadium.  We were told that this is where you go to get your souvenirs and boy were they right.  It was huge.

At least half of the tourists here are Japanese.  Most of the signs here are in both English and Japanese.  Every place usually has a translator.  Menus and brochures come in both English and Japanese.  It mostly feels like we are in Tokyo here.  And Japanese fashion is very interesting.  It's a a mix of little girl clothing complete with side pony tails, but with lots of make-up and really high heels.  I sure hope this trend doesn't come to the States.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog reminds me of the time that I served in Pearl Harbor. If you get a chance - grab a nice dinner at the Oceanarium - you won't regret it.

Joami said...

I've been keeping track of you guys through your blog. Pretty cool. Looks like you are having a great time. Enjoy it! It is so beautiful there. Yes the Japanese are all over with cameras in hand. If you can, go to Waimea Valley in the north shore. It is beautiful! See you when you get back! JoAnn

Anonymous said...

Ruby and Brodie continue to do fine. Happy Halloween tomorrow.
Lov, Mom

kristin said...

hey thanks RJ, I just made a reservation for dinner at the Oceanarium. I hadn't even read anything about that place before you mentioned it! I can't wait. Happy Halloween!
Kristin