Thursday, October 30, 2008

snorkeling in Hanauma Bay

I read that there are approximately 5,000 visitors to Hanauma Bay every DAY!  There were definitely a lot of people there and we were only there for about 4 hours.  and yes we have sunburn.  Me on my shins and David on his back.  David took a bunch of underwater fish pictures with a special disposable camera so we'll have to wait to see those.  The fish are amazing.  I can't believe how close you can get to them.  Actually, there was one blue fish that was following me.  I think he liked my shiny toe nail polish.

David was able to swim out much farther into the reef than I could.  He said he even saw a sea turtle!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What??? You went snorkeling??? how great is that!!! It sounds like you and David are having the best time of you life--Love MOM
Keep sending the pictures .

Anonymous said...

Pictures have been great. Snorkeling must have been wonderful. Can't wait to see the fish pictures and hope you got a picture of that sea turtle. Keep enjoying yourself and know all is well here in Jersey. Mom o.

kristin said...

well, I couldn't REALLY snorkel but I did put on the mask and mouthpiece and stuck my head in the water. I saw a few fish but not much. I mostly floated in the warm, calm waters while David swam out into the reef. I was glad to see the few fish that I did.
kristin